Saturday, April 18, 2009

Who's that girl?

Gentry has been growing her hair for several years now. One of her cousins, Taylor, told her about a friend who had donated her hair to Locks of Love, and it planted a seed. So a few months ago, Gentry told me she wanted to cut her hair this summer so she could donate it. Then she changed her mind. She decided she wanted it cut over spring break. So off we went today to see Julie, my friend and hair stylist. I think I had a much harder time with this than Gentry since I've been living vicariously through her--I've wanted my hair long ever since I cut mine short in 6th grade.

Here she is before we left:


Here she is in mid-cut:

Can I have a drum roll please?!?!?!


And now (to quote Gage),
wait for it,

wait for it,

wait for it,
wait for it........


The finished product!

She looks beautiful! Although I do think it made her look older, and I'm not so happy about that! (She's not supposed to grow up...she needs to be my little girl forever!) Russ and I are both so proud of her, and we know that her decision will make a little girl's day. Good job, Gentry!

2 comments:

  1. I think her hair is really cute! When mom was describing it on the phone...I thought oh no, but I like it! It does make her look older! Good job Gentry!

    ReplyDelete