Today Gage gave his first talk in primary. Of course, we forgot that he was assigned to give a talk until Sunday morning, but we quickly prepared it. The problem was that we didn't have as much practice time as I would have liked. Gage and I went over the talk together a few times, and I was starting to get worried when I would say the first few words of a sentence, and instead of repeating them after me, he would make up the rest of the sentence. I should have known we were in for it when I said (hoping he would repeat), "I know that", and he followed it up with, "we can go camping in the trailer". This was obviously not the subject he was speaking on. Oh, boy. So like any good wife will do, I delegated. I requested that Russ assist Gage at the microphone. The first few sentences of the talk went well. I was beginning to think that it would go off without a hitch, when I saw him wrap his little fingers around the microphone, pull it mouth, and utter one of his classic one-liners. "BORING". Yep, right in the middle of the talk. This was followed by, "Dad, I've already said all of this". Finally he said, "Why don't you just say it, Dad", and pushed the microphone in Russ' direction. I was laughing so hard on the back row of the primary room that I had tears running down my face. Russ quickly completed the talk (Gage did close the talk and say the final amen) and joined me in the hall. I have a feeling that I'll be helping Gage with his next talk...that is IF he's asked to give a talk ever again!


I love it!! Classic Gage moment. That kid is such a crack-up!
ReplyDelete