Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snow day activity...



We got almost a foot of snow over spring break this year, which means no fun for mom or the kids! I figured that they needed to have something to do. So I decided to do something that has been long overdue, at least for Gentry. I took the kids to the store and they all chose their favorite fabric so they could each make their own pillowcase.






Gage and McKinley sat by me while I sewed theirs; McKinley had fun playing with all of the scraps of fabric (who needs toys, right?).
Gentry and Oaklee did a fantastic job for their first time sewing. We had a great time together. Gage told me the next morning that his new Spongebob pillowcase kept him snuggly warm all night!



2 comments:

  1. Oh man!!! Don't tell my kids or they'll want to come live at your house! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! It's hard to be couped up in the house when it's spring break. They all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete