Harley is our chocolate lab. He is one gigantic dog and can be a little intimidating at times (just ask our neighbor, Jamie...she just about got to know Harley on a whole new level when she was feeding him while we were out of town!). Anyway, for the last few weeks, he has been getting out of the backyard. We finally figured out how he was escaping, but obviously haven't done anything about preventing him from continuing to escape, because he was running loose in the streets again today. When he gets out, the kids run after him so they can direct Russ in the right direction as he follows in the Jeep. Today, however, Harley actually listened to Gentry. He stopped at the corner at her command, and even obeyed when she told him to sit. She was able to get the leash on him, and that's when the fun began!
Across the street and down a few houses, a ruckus was beginning. A chicken was on the loose and being chased down by a cat and a dog. As soon as Harley saw what was happening, he dragged Gentry across the street and right into the middle of the cat-dog-chicken fight. She even has the battle scars to show from it--the cat swiped at Harley, missed and caught a claw in Gentry's levis, tearing her pants and scratching her leg. She actually tells me that the cat was clinging to her leg at one point during the altercation. She was saved by the owner of the chicken and the other dog, who came out to break up the fight.
All's well that end's well, though. She was able to get Harley home without any further incident, and he has been grounded to his kennel for a good long time. I told her she can now join the ranks of Grandma Pam, who is a magnet for attack chickens and stray cats, too.
I cannot get over this post! I have read it a couple of times, and it's like something in a movie. I'm glad she's ok!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about your blog until I saw it on Shanna's today. Love it!
ReplyDeleteHow come I didn't know about your blog?! Freak girl!!!!
ReplyDelete