Sunday, January 18, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter


So I went upstairs the other day to put my camera away, and the bathroom door was shut, but the light was on. Anyone who knows the Gardner children know what a dangerous situation that could be, as we have had multiple man-made (or should I say child-made) floods in our house. I cautiously opened the door, dreading what I might find, and there was Gentry, sitting on the floor in the one room in our house where it is possible to find a few minutes of peace and quiet, with the latest library book in hand! (I especially like the way she pulled the towel down as a pillow!) She was a little embarrassed to be discovered there. It didn't really surprise me, though. The bathroom was a favorite reading place of mine, only I went a step further and read in my parent's shower because I could lean against the wall next to the shower door and no one could find me! It gave me great joy to read while listening to everyone in family calling my name (mostly because I was hiding to get out of doing my chores, and my siblings that had to do my work were on a manhunt)! Oh, what we won't do for the love of reading......

1 comment: