Thursday, January 22, 2009

Collars...they're not just for dogs anymore!

Russ worked swing shift for the past two weeks, which meant he had some great one-on-one time with Gage while I was at work teaching McKinley's class. They went to Rite-Aid one morning to refill a few prescriptions, and while wandering the store Gage decided that he wanted Russ to buy him a new tie. (Who would have thought that Rite-Aid sold ties?!?) Russ told him that he had some ties at home for him. When I got home from work, that was the first thing out of Gage's mouth: "Mom, where is my tie?" Russ told me about the Rite-Aid excursion, so I went up and got a tie out of the closet.

As I put the tie on him, I explained that he was wearing the wrong type of shirt. I told him he needed a collar to wear a tie. He got a funny look on his face as he thought for a few seconds, then he said, "Mom, don't you know, collars are for dogs. I am Gage, you know, your son." How could I argue with that? He did insist on wearing the tie until bedtime. Luckily, we didn't have anywhere else to go for the rest of the day!

1 comment: