Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Proud!

Monday was kindergarten registration for McKinley. Of course, I forgot, but was reminded without a second to spare (thanks, Kim!). So off I ran to the school.....Since I was late, I just took my papers to the office. While I was waiting, the kindergarten teacher came in. She told me how great it was to see Gentry and Oaklee on the stage at the assembly earlier that morning getting the Character Connection award for February. (Just an FYI: each month the school council chooses a trait to spotlight for the month. They teach the kids the importance of the trait throughout the month. At the end of the month, each teacher chooses one student from their class that exemplifies the trait.) I had no idea what she was talking about since no one told me beforehand so I could attend the assembly. Anyway, I was so proud of both of my girls. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so proud. (That's a little shout out to Oaklee--every journal entry of hers includes at least one full line of "so" or "really"!)



When I actually saw their certificates later that night and saw that the trait they were spotlighted for was truthfulness, I almost got teary! This is one of the traits that we have tried to instill in our children, and it is something we have talked about with the kids. A lot! To have them be recognized in front of their peers by their teachers is one of the proudest moments of my life! It is proof that all those times that they actually were listening and not only hearing "blah blah blah blah" as we were talking to them.


What great kids they are! I am so grateful to have such wonderful kids who make good choices, and who are such great examples to their younger sister and brother. Russ and I really love them. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really love them. Really.

1 comment: